Page 7 of 15

Text read by the vision model; check the PDF for anything that matters.
Attorney: Section 33 seems to designate turn-on time as the time when rates would be locked in. If no rate is being charged until a certain date, that is the time when the rate would go into effect. Stratton: The system was not even turned on in June (1988). It was probably done in February or March (1989). Potter: People are vac at us now, over the double billing. Killian: Your interpretation and mine are different. The document was signed in June. As the system was turned on, the rates were charged. Attorney: You're not billing until February, 1989 and you're raising prices is less than one year. You have a potential problem. Peterson: The bottom line is that more channels will be offered and that costs more money. Stratton: It has to be the turn on date. Attorney: You could delay the improvements until the anniversary date or the council could allow a dual system. Those who wanted more channels could pay the increased rate. Peterson: That's not technologically feasible. Oxford is tied into the same system and they have had their's longer. Those people want more channels. Morgan: We can't tell people we're raising the rates now. Killian: We'll evaluate it again. But in February, or whatever the turn on date was, the rates will be higher than $14.95. Stratton: People will droo it. Killian: They probably won't. We can't operate profitably at $11.95 Basic and we also want to improve the system. Morgan: What rate are you looking at for February? Killian: We can't say now. We'll give thirty (30) days written notice by sending the council and the customers a letter. If you suggest we cut off the rate increase, we'll have to put in a new rate. Morgan: We have to protect the town. Killian: The average rate in the United States for Basic is $16.50. If someone is selling a bill of goods at a lesser rate, they have to catch up. Rubber knew he was underselling and would have to sell the company. Potter: An increase of another $1.75 in February would take care of the loss of money by not increasing it in November. Killian: We'll take a look at it. I don't agree with your interpretation. If we wait until February, it will be higher than $14.95. Clerk submitted request for building permit from Louis Voonail for enclosed porch at 281 Manenco Road. Morgan: He still violated the ordinance. Potter: Still go to court? Attorney: You could still show a violation. I would suggest renegotiating a fine of less than $100.00. Stratton: We should still pay a fine. Morgan: Others have. Attorney: How much? Stratton: $25.00. Voonail didn't even try to apply for a permit before he started building. Springmire case to the end of a meeting. Attorney: I don't remember another case like this. Clerk: It didn't go to court. The council levied the fine of $25.00. Morgan: Voonail has to pay something. Let the court decide.

Sources

This document's details as JSON

Data last updated October 15, 2026. Built from the archive's documents; see how the data is built.